Thursday, May 27, 2010

Online Freelancing vs Freelancing.

Hey guys. I just want to share an experience with you about Online Freelancing.

Now, What's the difference between Online Freelancing and just Freelancing? Simple, It's just that Online Freelancing can offer you more customers/projects because your market is worldwide. Any person with internet can avail your services. While just Freelancing, You're customers are limited. However, The risk on Online Freelancing is high. Why? Because you aren't 100% sure that your customer will pay you. I mean, They can just bluff you over the net. And that sucks. After you've done what they require you to do, They'll just leave you hanging. Unlike just Freelancing, You may have a chance to talk to your customers personally. And that is good because you can see how serious they are on availing your services.

Anyway, I Listed the Pros and Cons of Online Freelancing and just Freelancing. Here it is....






Click the Image to Enlarge

Now, While you can get customers/projects on someone you know with Freelancing, Online Freelancing does a different approach. You can meet people through internet and offer your services. Most of the time, People on the internet seeks services. You just need to find the right website to look for those people who are looking for your services.

And I found it on www.onlinejobs.ph. I just posted my profile. My strengths and weaknesses, my degree of education, my capabilities, etc. And after two days, Someone emailed me that they need an Internet Marketer for google adwords and also a programmer to setup wordpress blogging. I was interviewed online, through email and got hired as freelance marketer with a salary of $275 a month with project bonuses. Of course I need to take actions on how I am going to be payed. They said that I'd be payed using elance. Which is another website that will arrange payments for me. It is found at www.elance.com.

Now, What I love about elance is that they have a system called Escrow Funding. By which, When someone avail your services over the internet, You can request an Escrow Funding. If approved by the buyer of your program, The Escrow will be funded. And that fund is coming from your buyer. Which is in other words, a down payment.

But you can't just get the down payment yet. You have to work on the program and present it to the buyer. Now if the Buyer is satisfied by your services, Your Escrow funds will be released and you can withdraw your funds on your Paypal account.

Man! Is that easy? I mean, As a programmer. We have millions of possibilities online. It's our expertise. Abuse it to gain our own advantage.

By the way, Here's a screenshot of my Elance account with funds on it.

Click the Image to Enlarge

Don't worry guys! I'll post on how to register on elance and how to get a legit and paying employer/buyer.

'til then. I want you to list all your strengths in programming so when you create your profile on onlinejobs.ph and elance.com. You'll just have to copy and paste it.

Good day and God Bless.

[/code]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job Nak, share your blessings and give God all the glory He deserves...everything comes from Him and nothing comes from us...may the Lord jesus Christ richly bless you and your future endeavors!